Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whoever took my fucking glass...

While wallowing in unemployment hell this morning, I came across a post in that thing on my dashboard from Beervana about being listed as the number one beer blog on some ranking site, which is awesome, congratulations.

However, I was much more interested in an article that came out yesterday on the Brewpublic blog that I was lead to. There was a small pang in my heart when I read it and it easily ties into the point I made yesterday about brew pubs in the PacNorthwest.

I have both stayed at the Skamania Lodge and booze hounded at The Walking Man which is, I can honestly say this now, the first place I ever experienced an IPA and fell in love. The Homo Erectus has a very special place in my heart and I'm so excited to see that tiny, and I mean, tiny blip on the radar known as Stevenson, Washington is being appreciated.

To the guys at the Walking Man, I was in that inappropriately sized group of miscreants that invaded your space 4/5 years ago from Miami, Florida. And to the woman who banged out a breakfast for 9 big eaters all by her lonesome in that amazing little diner on the main drag. Thank you for the kindness, the hospitality unmatched even here in the south, the brew, and for giving me something I will never forget.

I still have my Homo Erectus shirt...but whoever took my fucking Walking Man glass...I swear to god...of all the pint glasses in my house I've stolen from bars, you had to take the one I paid for and can never replace...thanks a fucking lot, asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment